Introduction to Exim Bank Djibouti
Exim Bank (Djibouti), also known as Exim Bank Djibouti SA, is a commercial bank based in Djibouti City, Djibouti. The bank was formed in October 2010 and received its banking license in March 2011.
- Exim Bank Djibouti is a 100 percent subsidiary of Exim Bank (Tanzania)), and is part of the larger Exim Bank Group) which has operations across East Africa.
- As of December 2016, Exim Bank Djibouti has:
- Total assets of US$102 million (DJF:18.2 billion)
- Revenue of US$2 million (DJF:368,769,313)
- 70+ employees
- Exim Bank Djibouti maintains two branch locations:
- Main Branch at Avenue Mohamed Farar Dirir, Djibouti City
- Free Zone Branch at Free Zone, Djibouti City
- The bank is one of the top commercial banks licensed by the Central Bank of Djibouti.
- Exim Bank Djibouti is ranked among the top 4 banks in Djibouti in terms of assets, deposits and advances.
- The bank offers a range of retail and corporate banking services including:
- Savings Accounts
- Checking Accounts
- Debit Cards
- Credit Cards
- Exim Bank Djibouti plays an important role in supporting the local Djibouti business community and economy.
Overview of Exim Bank Djibouti
Exim Bank Djibouti is committed to remaining an innovative bank that offers services of international standards. The bank’s vision is to be the bank of choice in Djibouti.
- As of 2019, Exim Bank Djibouti is the 4th largest bank in the country in terms of assets.
- Key aspects of the bank’s operations:
- Founded in 2011
- Total assets of $102 million as of 2016
- Maintains 2 branch locations in Djibouti City
- Has 42 employees as of 2016
- Top 4 commercial bank in the country
- Supported by major international lenders:
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO)
- Exim Bank Djibouti’s mission statement emphasizes:
- High service standards
- Customer satisfaction
- The bank aims to maintain long-term customer relationships by providing customized solutions tailored to business needs.
- An independent bank where decisions are made locally in Djibouti.
- Serves retail and corporate customers across multiple industries including trade, manufacturing, construction, and telecommunications.
Background on Parent Company Exim Bank Tanzania
Exim Bank Djibouti is a subsidiary of Exim Bank Tanzania, which is headquartered in Dar es Salaam.
- Exim Bank Tanzania was founded in 1997 and is Tanzania’s first international bank.
- It has regional operations spanning Tanzania, Comoros, Djibouti, Uganda and an office in Ethiopia.
- Key facts about Exim Bank Tanzania:
- Privately held local Tanzanian bank
- 20+ years of experience and growth
- Expanded reach across East Africa
- Total assets over $3.3 billion as of June 2016
- Awards and Recognition:
- Tanzania’s Best Retail Bank in 2017 by Banker’s Africa East Africa
- Number One Bank for Customer Care in 2013 by KPMG Africa Banking Survey
- Best Presented Financials in Tanzanian Banking in 2009 by NBAA
- Global Partnerships:
- Strong relationships with leading international banks like HSBC, Citibank, and Deutsche Bank
- Financial cooperation with IFC, Proparco, Norfund, and FMO
- Core Purpose:
- Helping customers become financially better off
- Connecting customers to wider opportunities in unbanked markets
- Forward-looking bank focused on:
- Enhancing infrastructure
- Improving customer service
- Centralizing key processes
- Providing high quality service
Products and Services Offered
Exim Bank Djibouti provides a wide range of financial products and services to meet the needs of its retail and corporate customers.
- Savings accounts
- Checking accounts
- Certificates of deposit
- Debit cards
- Credit cards
- Personal loans
- Mortgage loans
- Investment products
- Business loans
- Overdraft facilities
- Trade financing
- Treasury management
- Cash management
- Corporate debit cards
- Supply chain financing
- Structured financing
- Loan syndication
- Bonds and guarantees
- Sectors served:
- International trade
- Public utilities
- Provides both short-term and long-term business financing
- Non-funded facilities
- Expert teams provide customized solutions tailored to clients’ business needs
- Focused on supporting the Djibouti business community
Exim Bank Djibouti plays a vital role in the banking sector and economy of Djibouti. As a subsidiary of the well-established Exim Bank Tanzania, it leverages the expertise and experience of its parent company while making localized decisions.
With its commitment to customer service, employee development, and support for businesses, Exim Bank Djibouti positions itself as a forward-thinking and sustainable bank. It continues to expand its products and services to meet the changing needs of retail and corporate customers.
Key strengths of Exim Bank Djibouti include:
- Ranking among the top commercial banks in the country
- Maintaining strong liquidity and capitalization
- Developing innovative solutions tailored to client needs
- Investing in employee diversity and inclusion
- Supporting the growth of the Djibouti business community
By combining international expertise with local market knowledge, Exim Bank Djibouti is well-positioned for continued growth and success in the Djibouti banking sector. The bank plays an integral role in financial inclusion and economic prosperity for the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Exim Bank Djibouti?
Exim Bank Djibouti (EBD) is a commercial bank based in Djibouti City, Djibouti. It is a subsidiary of Exim Bank Tanzania and part of the larger Exim Bank Group. EBD is one of the top banks in Djibouti and is ranked 4th in terms of assets as of 2019.
When was Exim Bank Djibouti founded?
Exim Bank Djibouti was formed in October 2010 and received its banking license in March 2011. It opened for business in 2012.
What financial products and services does Exim Bank Djibouti offer?
Exim Bank Djibouti provides a full range of retail and corporate banking services including loans, savings accounts, checking accounts, investments, debit/credit cards, trade financing, cash management, structured financing, and more.
How many branch locations does the bank have?
As of 2016, Exim Bank Djibouti maintains two branch locations in Djibouti City – the Main Branch and the Free Zone Branch.
Who are the major shareholders of Exim Bank Djibouti?
Exim Bank Djibouti is a 100% subsidiary of Exim Bank Tanzania. The parent company Exim Bank Tanzania is a privately held bank headquartered in Dar es Salaam.